It was great to be out and about in Featherstone recently when I met Morgan Binnersley. Morgan is passionate about animal welfare and was collecting for neglected Siberian Huskies.
I get hundreds and hundreds of e-mails and letters every year from people concerned about the way we treat animals. I am proud of the last Labour Government’s policies which achieved much to end animal cruelty. No other major political party has such a proven track record of decisive action for animals at home, on farms and in the wild.
The last Labour Government:
- banned hunting with dogs,
- secured an end to cosmetic testing on animals
- banned fur farming and
- introduced the Animal Welfare Act 2006.
A vote for Labour on 7th May will see a continuation of our commitment to animal welfare. A Labour Government will:
- Defend the hunting ban
- ban the use of wild animals in circuses
- end the government’s ineffective and inhumane badger culls
- improve the protection of dogs and cats
- tackle wildlife crime and reduce animal cruelty on shooting estates
- lead the fight against global animal cruelty.
If you would like to receive a copy of our animal welfare manifesto please get in touch.